March 2022 News
March 28th, 2022
Voluntary Pre-K Registration Opens April 4
Parents and guardians who wish to apply for the CMCSS Voluntary Pre-K Program (VPK), should review the following process:
- VPK applications will open on April 4, 2022.
- Income guidelines for Voluntary Pre-K.
- Visit cmcss.net/Pre-K and start the “enrollment/application” process. Please choose VPK.
- Once the Pre-K team receives your application one of the team members will contact you, via email, to meet via Zoom, to verify your family’s income and the child’s birth certificate.
- If you qualify for the CMCSS VPK program, you will receive an email from the Pre-K Coordinator at the beginning of July if you have been accepted. If you qualify but are on the waiting list, your email in July will state that you are on the waiting list. If we have a spot become available, we will contact you throughout the year.
- Our VPK program is a grant-funded program. You do have to meet the income requirements that the state has set forth to qualify for a spot.
- A month’s worth of pay stubs (TN requires gross income, therefore pay-stub must show gross income)
- Military: most recent LES (TN requires both BAH & Base pay to be added)
- Recent food stamp letter (must show eligibility dates, case number, and parent’s name)
- SS award letter
- 2021 Income Tax (form 1040 or W2)
- Unemployment benefits
- Disability benefits
- Children do have to be 4-years-old by or on August 15, 2022, to qualify.
- If you don’t have access to a laptop or a desktop, please contact Melinda Smith, Pre-K Coordinator, at 931-648-5653 to schedule a time to come to the Learning Center and use a district laptop.
Dates for zoom meetings:
April 6 – April 8
April 12 – April 14
and then as needed over the summer.
Evaluation for Special Education Services
Parents and guardians who wish to refer their child for an evaluation for special education services, please follow these steps. This would include transfer students, students that are receiving outside therapy, or if the district should schedule a screener.
- “Transfer Referral” – Visit cmcss.net/Pre-K and start the enrollment process. Please choose “transfer” referral if you have a current eligibility/IEP from the location that you are moving from. Please email the current eligibility and IEP to Melinda Smith, Pre-K Coordinator, at [email protected]
- “Parent Referral” – Visit cmcss.net/Pre-K and start the enrollment process. Please choose a “parent” referral if your child is receiving outside therapy and/or if your child isn’t receiving outside therapy and you need to schedule a screener. Please email any outside therapy reports (if applicable) to Melinda Smith, Pre-K Coordinator, at [email protected]
Tennessee Early Intervention Systems
Parents and guardians, if your child is with TEIS (TN Early Intervention Systems), please see below for more information. If your child is receiving services through TEIS, we will have a transition planning conference with the Pre-K Coordinator, your TEIS Service Coordinator, and your Early Interventionist to go over the process from TEIS and the school system.
- Visit cmcss.net/Pre-K and start the enrollment process. Please choose “TEIS” referral. Once we have our TPC and receive information for the referral as well as information from your service coordinator, the Pre-K Coordinator will send this referral to the school for which you are zoned.
Peer Model Program
Our peer model program is for peers to attend one of our special education PreK classrooms to serve as peer models for our students receiving special education services. Both programs use the same curriculum, the teachers and EA’s train together, and they both have the same scope and sequence, among other things. Parents and guardians who are interested in their child participating in the Peer Model Program, please follow these steps:
- Please fill out the information from this link – Peer Model Application
- To be considered as a Peer Model, the child(ren) can’t be receiving any type of therapy (ST, OT, PT, etc.) or have an active IEP.
- Once we receive this information, we will be in contact to schedule a screener
- Students must be 4 by or on August 15, 2022
- Please contact Melinda Smith – Pre-K Coordinator, [email protected] for more information.
March 14th, 2022
Updated Information for the Return to School/Work Flowchart
The following message was sent to families on Monday, March 14, 2022.
Good afternoon, CMCSS families,
We are reaching out with a few updates regarding COVID-19 and the CMCSS communicable diseases procedure. In collaboration with the Montgomery County Health Department, the CMCSS Back to School/Work Flowchart has been updated based on current data available for Montgomery County.
School nurses will follow the Communicable Diseases Procedure (HEA-P001) for any students who exhibit symptoms of a cold, illness, or communicable disease.
Students who test positive for COVID-19 will still have at least a five-day exclusion from school. Please refer to the CMCSS Return to School/Work Flowchart regarding the specifics for exclusion, quarantine, and household contacts.
It is important to continue to follow proper health and safety practices should you experience cold, flu, or COVID-19 symptoms.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze in your bent elbow.
- Clean your hands often.
Communicating Illness-Related Absences
Families should always notify their child’s school of any absences. If your child has tested positive for COVID-19, you must contact the school and provide proof of a positive test result. The School Nurse or Attendance Secretary will note the COVID-19 related exclusion. For all other illness-related or non-illness-related absences, please refer to the CMCSS Attendance Policy.
March 11th, 2022
CMCSS Kindergarten Kick-off Set for April 7
Kindergarten enrollment has begun for the Class of 2035!
How to Register
Information on registration and required information can be found on our registration page. The registration page includes a list of all necessary documents required and information on preparing for kindergarten.
Visit Your Child’s New School
CMCSS Elementary Schools offer a Kindergarten Kick-off to introduce students to their new schools. Kindergarten Kick-off will be held in-person at each child’s zoned school on Thursday, April 7, from 5:30-7 p.m.
If you are unsure of your zoned school, visit http://businfo.cmcss.net/. Parents can input their child’s primary residence address to find out which school their child is zoned.
For kindergarten families interested in enrolling in CMCSS K-12 Virtual, informational sessions will begin at 5:30 p.m., 6:00 p.m., and 6:30 p.m. Families can choose the session that works best. Kindergarten teachers will join via Zoom to share information about virtual kindergarten classes. To access the Zoom meetings, CLICK HERE.
We look forward to welcoming all our new CMCSS students and families this August!
March 1st, 2022